How To Recycle & Refill Kodak Printer Ink Cartridges
Recycling printer cartridges has extremely vital benefits for the society. The consumer gets a huge economic benefit, and the environment insuperable benefits. Recycling cartridges is a means to save money and fuel, reduce garbage and prevent pollution. Many printer and cartridge companies have taken the initiative to https://technika.ca/ recycle by refilling or remanufacturing. Hence one way of recycling is to send the cartridge back to the place from where the cartridge has been purchased. Another easier way is to refill the cartridge and reuse the recycled one.
Recycling or refilling of some printer cartridges is extremely easy that anyone can refill but in some cases refilling can be messy and difficult.
Kodak Printer Ink Cartridges (One Color)
In Kodak printer ink cartridges the ink is retained due to the presence of internal sponge in the cartridge. The following steps can be used for the easy refilling of these cartridges.
- Spread some absorbent material like a newspaper or a towel in order to avoid mess.
- Create a hole in the top lower flat surface using a drill or a heated pin. Drill a hole 1/3rd of the way from the edge. Make the hole where the letter ‘K’ is written.
- Fill ½ of the syringe bottle with ink about 10 to 15ml.
- Insert the needle into the cartridge and inject slowly into the sponge. Inject deeply so that the sponge gets saturated.
- You can reseal the hole but it is not necessary.
- Expect some dripping but for greater results leave the cartridge overnight. Seal it if you have to transport it.
Kodak Printer Ink Cartridges (Colored & Photo Cartridge)
The colors of ink used in these cartridges are:
o Red (or magenta)
o Blue (or cyan)
The first step for refilling ink cartridges remains the same:
- First the lid has to be removed. This can be done with a sharp knife at the intersection of colored and black plastic. Remove the lid.
- Insert a pin or toothpick into each hole in order to check the different colors in chambers.
3. Fill the syringe bottle about 1/8th with ink which is 5ml for each chamber.
- Insert the needle into the cartridge and slowly inject so that the internal sponge gets saturated. All colors may not empty fully so the sponge will not soak fully.
- Repeat the 2nd and 3rd step for the other two colors and fill the chambers with different syringes.
- Place the cap back on top and tape it.
- Expect some dripping but for greater results leave it overnight.