What is the eWay Bill and how does it affect you?
A person in charge of a vehicle carrying any consignment of goods with a value greater than fifty thousand rupees is required to carry an Eway bill. The registered people or transporters responsible for the transfer of goods on consignment can produce the eway Bill from the GST Common Portal prior to the start of the movement. When an E way bill is created, a unique eway bill number (EBN) is generated right away. The source, recipient, and transporter all have access to this EBN.
When is the Eway bill issued?
An eway bill must be provided if the value of the consignment to be transported exceeds Rs. 50,000. In the event of the supply of goods, the return of products, or the receipt of supplies from unregistered persons, a eway bill will be issued.
- Associated with supply’
- Additional than supply,’ there are other reasons ( say a return)
- Incoming ‘supply’ from an unregistered individual
The source of supply could be one of the following:
- A supply made with the purpose of receiving payment in the course of business.
- A supply supplied in exchange for a payment that isn’t made in the course of business.
- A provision without remuneration
- Even if the value of the consignment of goods is less than Rs. 50,000, a eway bill must be generated for specific designated goods.
- When goods are transported from one state to another in order to reach a job-worker
- When a trader is exempt from GST registration and transports handicraft goods over state lines.
Who has the authority to issue an e way bill?
If both the supply and the receiver are unregistered, the Eway might be given by a Registered Supplier/Registered, Unregistered Person or a Transporter.
- Registered Receiver/Supplier
When there is a movement of items worth more than Rs. 50,000, a eway Bill must be generated. Even if the value of the items is less than Rs. 50,000, a registered individual or the carrier may choose to generate and carry a eway bill.
- Unregistered Individuals
When a supply is made by an unregistered person to a registered person, an e way Bill must be generated, and the receiver must guarantee that all compliance requirements are completed.
Transporters who transport products by road, air, rail, or other means must also generate an eway Bill if the supplier has not done so.
How can you sign up for the Eway bill login system?
You can access the e way bill site at www.ewaybill.nic.in, which is dedicated to the issuance of e way bills. A user must enrol in the site using his GSTIN number in order to do so.
What is the total number of portions in a Eway bill?
Part A and Part B are the two portions of an Eway bill. The details of the consignor/ consignee and the details of the products are supposed to be included in Part A, whereas the details of the transporter and vehicle are supposed to be mentioned in Part B.
What is the Eway bill’s validity period?
The E way bill will be valid for one day if the distance is less than 100 km. Validity will increase by one day for every extra 100 kilometres or part thereof. The validity will be 7 days if the distance is 635 kilometres, and 4 days if the distance is 356 kilometres.
(All 10 detections are the same for the Rs. 50,000 threshold of E-way bills. Refer snips below)